Thursday, February 26, 2009

2 YEAR anniversary on ETSY and the beginning of Art Fire


So I just realized while looking at my past ETSY.com "Fees" that I have been selling on Etsy for over 2 years now! Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has purchased anything from me- either supplies or handmade cute guys. Thank you! Though I haven't really made a profit after paying Etsy fees and paypal fees, shipping fees, and packaging fees..then paying for health insurance, it is still all worth it! I enjoy being creative and I am SO happy that other people enjoy the things I make- or get to create things of their own from the supplies I sell.

I am also happy to say that I joined ArtFire.com about a month ago. I have to say I think it will take over Etsy in a matter of time. To it's advantage they do not take fees like Etsy. You can sell up to 10 things at a time for FREE!!!!! I tried that until a day or so ago and then just upgraded my account to take advantage of their limited (first 5,000 accounts- hurry they are almost gone!))seller slots for 7$ a month fee for unlimited listings, and up to 10..yes 10 photos per item!! and they are constantly changing and improving the site since right now they are in Beta mode. anyway my first sale the other day was a custom made little monster, I am so excited! I can't wait to watch it grow & blossom.

I figured I will leave you today with this pretty simple photo of a zipper..art directed by my hubby..at least my photography degree is being used in some way :)

No comments: