Friday, May 18, 2007

ETSY

I want to start this off by explaining what made me do it. I was reading one of my husbands magazines, AP (Alternative Press) and stumbled upon a review that intrigued me. It was about a girl who sells prints of her artwork online. I thought her stuff was neat, so I looked it up the next chance I got. It was on a site called http://www.theblackapple.etsy.com
and I noticed it was a whole community of people, young and old, men and women, selling all things handmade. HOW AWESOME!
I immediatly started buying stuff from all sorts of people all over the country. There really is something for everyone. Then I started getting really inspired. More inspired than I have been in a long long time. And I started thinking, if these people can do it, then why can't I?
The biggest inspiration that i got from ETSY was all the super cute crochet toys. I HAD to learn to do that. I had all these ideas ans i needed to get them out. I looked and looked everywhere for crochet zombies, or any type of zombie dolls. I couldn't find much, so I had to make some of my own. I even named them after our friends. Thank goodness im not the only person that likes them. I only sold a few so far but I still think they are a success.
And to get back to the girl that I saw in the magazine...when I went on her site,she has sold alot of items. NOW, about 3 months later, and I ventured on her site again, she has almost hit 5,000 items sold! I can't believe it. It just goes to show that there are people out there that want things that you create.

No comments: