Monday, July 7, 2008

DVD Premiere- Trip to NYC





July 1st was the release date for the Lamb of God DVD that my husband worked on, so they had a big premiere of the dvd in NYC on June 30th. My husband and I went up and stayed the night and made a nice mini vaca out of it. So once we got into the city, we had a late lunch/super early dinner with some good friends that all live up there. Then we made our way to the "Cupcake Cafe" which I always wanted to visit since seeing it featured on Martha Stewart. The cupcakes were good- I wouldn't say out of this world- but they weren't over sweet like some can be. One of our friends mentioned a place called "Crumbs" next time. I am obsessed with cupcakes- I love them, so we will have to try that place next time.





Then we made our way to the theatre, where we even had seats saved for us! YEAH. The documentary was freaking hilarious- you can't expect anything less when Doug is involved..I thought I was the only one who thinks his humor was funny cause I am his wife. But as it turned out- everyone was laughing..alot. So they got great reviews from everyone who came. It was great to see our friends shoe their support too. They don't know anything about the band but they still came and had a great time. Thank you guys for coming and showing that you care :) The Pic on the bottom is Doug being interviewed by a big Metal blog..If I knew how to add the link I would.


Afterwards we went out and had some great italian food with our friends and went to the hotel and relaxed. We bought a payperview movie of some comedy which I quickly fell asleep to. I awoke in the morning with a bill under the door....15 bucks! I would have tried a little bit harder to stay awake if I knew it was that much. oh well. I also got breakfast from the hotel- room service..this is what an 80 dollar breakfast looks like. All Doug got was oatmeal...haha It was good and worth not having to wait 3 hours for my husband to wake up sp we could go eat somewhere..I mean I am pregnant- I have to eat like 3 breakfasts. Well I eat like that even when I'm not pregnant. (oops)


So when we left our hotel we had to make our way to the Sony building so Doug could sign a contract for his new project. Then we decided to walk around. Our day of fun kinda turned into a work day which kinda sucked. We had to go to a camera store so he could buy a bunch of equipment for his next job taxi there and here, and wait around to go back to Sony so he could pick up a check from them later...so we decided to go to the movies but then there wasn't enough time to see the movie before we had to get back so we really just walked around while I sweated my fat belly off and got cramps in my legs. Oh well. When I think back to it- I am so happy I just got to hang out with him by ourselves, holding hands :) I think that was my favorite part of the whole 2 days.

No comments: