Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Birthday Tea Party






My daughter turned 5 on friday, and of course we had to have an "Alice in Wonderland" themed birthday party.
It was also very "Etsy" themed since I got a few things from there. One being her cute Alice dress! Also, the best tasting sugar cookies ever! Not only do they look amazing but they are perfectly tasting. I got her owl and puppy cookies for my birthday, and I think I will have to get some for every holiday.


We had a cute little tea party since we were just having girls to the party. I got all the plates and tea cups from the Goodwill along with all the vases I put red roses in. I got Regan a special tea cup from Anthropologie since we love tea! Don't worry, she drinks Organic kids tea with no caffeine ;)

I Also made my first fondant cake. Regan insisted on not having cupcakes, go figure. They are not special enough anymore since we make them like once a week. I still had to make some because I knew not everyone wanted strawberry cake like her.
It turned out ok, not really what I had in my head but the checkerboard look worked. I made it around midnight the night before so I really didnt want to go crazy and then mess it up. It's a little too simple looking, but none of the other fondant accessories I had planned had worked right.
Also, I used my new black foil cupcake liners, they are so fancy. And mixed with the blue gingham cupcake wrappers, really made it match with the Alice theme.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing this. She looks so precious.

6060 said...

Happy Belated Birthday little princess!

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful jen...i can't believe she is 5. school in the fall...wow...bravo with the party! xavier just turned 10...amazing milestones...life is but a dream...Kathleine

Stephanie said...

how adorable! looks like success! love your blog, just stumbled across it tonight :)

Stephanie said...

how adorable! looks like success! love your blog, just stumbled across it tonight :)